I wanted to try gVim (Vim on Windows with a GUI) on my Vista machine. So I’ve downloaded the installer from the website and ran it. Everything OK so far. But when I started it, it seems the menu’s are in Dutch. I really hate that, because I use all software in English (and the Dutch translations in gVim, as in many other apps, really suck). But it took me some time to find out how to change it. But I’ve found a way.
Add the following lines at the top of the file
lang en language mes en set langmenu=en_US.UTF-8
That’s it, just restart and everything should be in English.
To modify the window size, add:
winsize 200 50
Enjoy your Vimming…